Good and efficient when treating patients with head and neck cancer and mouth dryness. Also for patients with a probe for medicine, if they are able to - safely and effectively - swallow secretions.
We have tried Gloup on multiple patients wiht a good effect. All pills, big an small, slide down without trouble.
"We run a 150 bed aged care facility. Approximately half of our residents were crushing their medications to assist with administration. Our pharmacist suggested we try Gloup medication lubricant to reduce the incidence of crushing. After a few weeks, we now only have about 6 residents who still require their medications crushed."
Clinical Nurse manager - Melbourne, Australia
"We previously used yoghurt to assist our residents swallow their medications. Our Dietitian identified this as an infection control risk because the yoghurt was reaching room temperature before being refrigerated at the end of each medication round. Our Pharmacist and Dietitian suggested we try Gloup medication lubricant as it can safely be stored at room temperature. In addition, the residents love it and find their medications much easier to swallow."
Facility Manager - Perth, Western Australia
Male/56/No Medical Issues
I normally struggle with non-coated tablets and used Gloup on cheap paracetamol. Swallowed perfectly, which would not occur with water.
- Disliked bitter tasting residue from tablets when swallowing with water.
- No residue on the tongue at all after using Gloup.
Female/52/No Medical Issues
For many years I have struggled with the sensation of large tablets and pills, the taste and sensation can be really off putting. I tried Gloup at an evaluation session I was invited to and found the product to be very helpful.
- No problem swallowing when taken with Gloup, the tablets were swallowed at first time of trying
Made life easier
I have to take a lot of tablets on a daily basis which is very time consuming and I regularly struggle with the larger tablets. I find myself having to drink a lot of water during the multiple attempts to get some of them down. I have tried Gloup and found it to be a real help.
- Has a lot of tablets to swallow each morning (17).
- With larger tablets has to drink a lot of water to be able to get them down.
- With Gloup these tablets went down with one swallow.
- Very beneficial for those with Parkinson’s as would normally struggle.
Male/84/Misplaced Stomach/Diaphragm Issues
For a long time taking tablets has been a real problem for me, when taking them they can often go into my airway which is very uncomfortable and often quite scary. I tried Gloup at a Q and A session put on by a friend of the family who works with the product. They let me try the product to see if it would help with the issues I have had. I found it to be a real help and swallowed tablets there and then with no issues.
- Due to misplacement of stomach, things are easily swallowed into airways.
- Once instructed on how to use Gloup, the tablet went down the correct way with no issues.
No more stuck tablets
I have always struggled with tablets in any form, I find they get stuck on my tongue and the taste of them can be really awful. I have tried Gloup and found that after a few goes I was able to swallow a tablet with no issue and also the taste of the gel was very pleasant, much nicer than the tablets.
- Struggles to swallow all forms of tablets. They tend to get stuck on the tongue.
- Liked the taste of Gloup
- After a couple of goes, managed to swallow the tablet with no issues. Much easier than water.
Female/52/No Medical Issues
I wanted to try Gloup after hearing about it from a family friend who had been doing some work with people who have trouble taking tablets. I found the gel had an unusual texture at first, but after using it a couple of times I found the process of swallowing a tablet became so much easier.
- Has issues swallowing large tablets with water.
- Could swallow these tablets much easier with Gloup.
Found the texture to be a bit unusual, but worth the trade-off of being able to swallow tte tablets easier