How does it work and how to use Slide
Slide works in three ways:
1. The gel is thick and smooth and ensures easy swallowing of medicines as well as a smooth passage of the oesophagus to the stomach;
2. Slide moistens the mucus membrane in the mouth and throat cavity;
3. The fresh fruit flavour of Slide/ Slide Original eliminates the unpleasant taste of medication
How to use Slide:
1. Place the medicine(s) to be taken on a tablespoon.
2. Squeeze a small amount directly from the tube or the pump dispenser onto the medicines. About 5ml or half a tablespoon of Slide will be enough.
3, Then put it all in your mouth and swallow everything at once.
Before you start using Slide, we have some tips:
- If you take Slide for the first time, first try on a spoon without medication. Just to get used to the taste and texture.
- According to speech therapists, the best swallowing result will be obtained with chilled Slide.
- Start with taking 1 tablet with 5 ml of Slide (about 1 tablespoon). Once you are used to the feeling of it, you can try and take multiple tablets in 1 spoon. Make sure you take the time to build up the amount of tablets slowly, so you can get used to it.
- Practice makes perfect: we know from our field trials that it can take a few times to get used to Slide.